MANAGER OF SAFETY & SECURITY
The Manager of Safety and Security will be responsible for managing, planning and coordinating the safety programs and training requirements of Northern Neck Electric Cooperative to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations and to prioritize worker health and safety. Manages the security of the Cooperative’s facilities, employees, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for managing, planning and coordinating the safety programs and training requirements of the Cooperative to ensure compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations and to prioritize worker health and safety.
- Monitors worker safety compliance, accident statistics and implements corrections as needed. Ensures reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Establishes security policies and procedures. Investigates security violations and prepares reports regarding future preventive action.
- Facilitates monthly safety meetings and safety committee meetings.
- Coordinates monthly visits by the VMDAEC safety training personnel.
- Performs line crew safety inspections.
- Oversees Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance and administration including employee drug/alcohol testing, driver’s records check, vehicle inspections and DOT physicals.
- Coordinates semi-annual dielectric testing and annual structural testing of bucket trucks and digger derricks.
- Coordinates the testing, repair, maintenance, and inspections of all fire extinguishing products in buildings and vehicles.
- Reviews and updates, if necessary, the Cooperative building evacuation plan(s).
- Coordinates the testing, inspection, and repair of employees’ personal protective equipment and insulated line equipment.
- Ensures first aid kits are available and stocked appropriately on or near machinery, vehicles and tools used by Cooperative employees.
- Attends related Industry meetings and appropriate training to maintain certifications to train personnel.
- Maintains OSHA related compliance documentation and safety related files.
- Oversees all safety investigations to ensure detailed documentation, with a recommendation presented to the Leadership team.
- Investigates, reports and files claims for property damage, vehicle accidents and employee injuries.
- Administers the Rural Electric Safety Achievement Program for the Cooperative.
- Maintains certifications and coordinates hazardous material spill clean-up
- Maintains records and compliance of old or damaged oil-filled equipment disposal and underground storage tanks.
- Presents safety programs to community and civic organizations, as requested.
- Oversees the security operations of the Cooperative’s facilities, employees, staff and visitors by developing security strategies, implement security procedures and preventative measures.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and advancements in security services.
- Provides employees with training on security awareness and procedures.
- Contributes to the overall strategic plan.
A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of seven years of experience administering a corporate safety program for an electric utility is preferred. Candidates with an Associate’s degree from an accredited institution will also be considered as will relevant work experience without a college degree. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefits. This institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Interested persons may request an application by contacting Valerie Hinson, Vice President of Corporate Services, Northern Neck Electric Cooperative, at 804-333-6118.
Northern Neck Electric Cooperative
85 St. Johns Street
Warsaw, VA 22572
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.